Veterans Discharge

To receive a veteran's exemption on the assessed value of your real or personal property, you must file your original DD-214 certificate (separation papers from active duty) in the Town Clerk's office. To qualify, you must have served during a time of war and been discharged honorably. You must file by September 30th to receive credit on the following year's tax bill.

There is no filing fee for the DD-214. A certified copy of your separation papers previously filed with another town is acceptable if an original is not available. Duplicate copies of DD-214 may be obtained by contacting the National Personnel Records Center at 800-827-1000 to request a Form 180 (PDF) or you can visit the archive government website.

For further information regarding your exemption, please contact the Town of Granby Assessor's office at 860-844-5311.

Resources for Veterans