Birth, Marriage & Death Certificates
Certified Copies of Vital Records
Certified copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates are available in the Town Clerk's office for events taking place in Granby and for those who were Granby residents at the time of the event. The cost for a certified copy is $20.
- Birth Certificate Application (PDF)
- If you need your Birth Certificate to use in the states of Massachusetts, Colorado or Delaware, please get your Birth Certificate from the State Vital Records Office.
- Marriage License Application (PDF)
- Death Certificate Application (PDF)
- Adoption Birth Certificate Application (PDF) ($65 fee)
To receive a certified copy by mail the following include:
- Check or money order payable to the Town of Granby
- Completed application (see links)
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope
- Copy of your photo identification
Mail all of the above to:
Town of Granby, Town Clerk
Attn: Vital Records
15 North Granby Road
Granby, CT 06035
Online & Phone Order Requests
Online service is available with additional fees for birth, death, and marriage certificates (excluding stillbirth and fetal death records) through VitalChek Network, Inc. Note that VitalChek is the only third-party vendor approved by the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
Requesting a Vital Record with an Apostille
If you are using a vital record for an international purpose, such as to apply for dual citizenship or to marry in a foreign jurisdiction, you may need to have the vital record certified with an Apostille. An Apostille is a special form of certificate authentication prepared under the terms of an international treaty known as "The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents." In Connecticut, the Office of the Secretary of the State is designated to issue certifications by Apostille.
For questions and fees related to obtaining an Apostille for a vital record, see the CT Office of the Secretary of State website or contact the office by mail or phone:
CT Secretary of State
30 Trinity Street
Hartford, CT 06106