Election & Voting Information

Absentee Ballots

Absentee ballots for any election, primary, or referendum are available from the Town Clerk's office for qualified voters unable to vote in person on voting day for the following reasons:

  • Active service in the Armed Forces of the United States
  • Absence from the town of residence
  • Sickness
  • Religious tenets that prohibit secular activity on the day of the election, primary, or referendum
  • Duties as a primary, election, or referendum official at a polling place other than my own during all hours of voting
  • Physical disability

How to Apply for an Absentee Ballot

Returning Your Ballot

  • Complete and return your ballot as soon as possible.
  • If possible, it is strongly recommended that you drop your completed ballot in the Official Ballot Drop Box located outside of the Town Hall at 15 North Granby Road, Granby, CT 06035.
  • Completed ballots can also be mailed to:

Town of Granby
Attn: Town Clerk
15 North Granby Road
Granby, CT 06035

Track Your Absentee Ballot

You can track the progress of your ballot by visiting the Voter Registration Lookup page. Find out if your application was received by the Town Clerk if a ballot was issued, and if your ballot was received.

Referendum Vote

Absentee Ballot Application (PDF) for a referendum with less than 3 weeks' notice.

In accordance with CT Gen Statute § 9-369c absentee ballots are only available for pick up at the Town Clerk's Office.

Military & Overseas Voters

Military and overseas voters can request an absentee ballot by visiting the Office of the Secretary of the State - Military and Overseas Voters page.

Permanent Absentee Ballots

Public Act 12-57, "An Act Concerning Permanent Absentee Ballot Status for the Permanently Disabled" became effective January 1, 2013, and created permanent absentee balloting status for certain individuals.

To be eligible for permanent absentee ballot status, an elector must file an absentee ballot application with the Town Clerk as well as a doctor's certificate on official letterhead stating that the applicant has a permanent disability and is unable to appear in person at the polling place. There is no official form - the doctor's note and the application would satisfy the requirement of the law.

The permanent absentee status enables the elector to receive an absentee ballot for each election and primary in the municipality in which they are eligible to vote. Absentee ballots are available 21 days before a primary and 31 days before an election.

In January of each year, the Registrars of Voters will send a written notice to each elector with permanent absentee ballot status to determine if the elector continues to reside at the address on the permanent absentee ballot application. If the elector fails to respond to the notice, the permanent absentee ballot status will be removed, but the elector will remain on the voter registration list.

For questions or further information, Town of Granby Registrars Laura Wolfe (Democrat) and Paul Willis (Republican) can be reached at 860-844-5322.