How to File for a Divorce

You may file for a divorce in the judicial district where you live or where your spouse lives. If your spouse resides out of state, file the case in the judicial district serving your town. In the Town of Granby, residents should file for divorce in the Hartford Judicial District (Family Division) located at 90 Washington Street in Hartford. They can be reached at 860-706-5100.

For more information, please visit the State of Connecticut Judicial Branch website.

How to Request a Divorce Decree

To obtain a copy of your Divorce Decree you must request it from the Superior Court where the divorce was granted. View the Directory of Superior Courts (PDF). Please call the appropriate court for fees and requirements.