Shelter and Housing Referrals- Are you homeless or fearing you will become homeless soon? Call 211 or 1-800-203-1234. Press #3 (Housing and Utility Assistance) and then #1 (Shelter and Housing Referrals). Let the 211 housing specialist know that you are homeless or having a housing emergency. You are not alone, there is help available. 

Homeowners Tax Relief- Please see the Town Assessor's Page https://www.granby-ct.gov/168/Tax-Exemptions

Renters Rebate Program-Renters’ Rebate is a reimbursement program for Connecticut renters who are elderly or totally disabled, under Social Security, and whose incomes do not exceed the above limits. Persons renting an apartment, or living in cooperative housing may be eligible for this program. The renters’ rebate amount is based on an income scale and the amount of rent and utility payments made in the calendar year prior to the year in which the renter applies.

Senior Housing Options-There are two senior housing complexes in town: Must be 62 plus and/or on disability to apply. The town does not accept applications. These complexes are not owned or operated by the town of Granby. Please contact each facility directly for an application, waiting list information, specific questions, and the like.

Stony Hill Village

Stony Hill Village is located at:
259 Salmon Brook Street
Granby, CT 06035

49 units of federally financed elderly and disabled housing (39 one-bedroom units, 10 large efficiencies). Income guidelines apply. Call their office at 860-398-5425.

Salmon Brook Elderly Housing

Salmon Brook Elderly Housing is located at:
287 Salmon Brook Street
CT 06035, Granby

32 one-bedroom units of federally financed elderly and disabled housing. Income guidelines apply. Call Mark at 860-653-7885 and leave a message.